Petrol Filling Stations - Enforcement Procedures An Awareness - 16th September 2019
|Location||Stansted Airport, Essex, UK|
|Date||Monday, September 16, 2019|
Monday, September 16, 2019 at 9:15am
Monday, September 16, 2019 at 4:30pm
|Delegate Available Places||20|
This Course has been designed to provide a practical approach to the enforcement options available to Enforcement Officers under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 at all workplace premises, but with an emphasis on premises where petroleum is stored and dispensed. It provides an understanding of the powers available to Enforcement Officers. The course content is comprehensive though it can only serve as an overview and is not substitute for formal legal training.
Who Should Attend?
- Petroleum Officers
- Environmental Health Officers
- Trading Standard Officers
- Fire Safety Officers
- Environment Agency Staff
- Company Health & Safety Practitioners
- Engineers and Project Managers
- A brief overview of the Petroleum (Consolidation) Regs 2014 and the Dangerous Substances & Explosives Atmospheres Regulations 2002
- Relevant provisions of the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974
- Health & Safety Executive and Local Authorities Interface
- Practical Advice on using the Powers & Enforcement Options under the Act
- Identifying the duty holder
- A brief overview of Corporate Manslaughter legislation
- Enforcement Policies and the Regulators’ Compliance Code
- Types of Notices, Wording and the Use of Schedules
- Enforcement Management Model
- Appeals & Employment Tribunals
- Sampling, Seizure and Detention
- Evidence - Accountability and Train of Evidence
- Interviews - Section 9 Section 20 and PACE
- Preparing for court
- Joint working protocols
- Desk Top Exercises
The course will be invaluable for those involved in the inspection and enforcement of legal requirements on Petrol Filling Stations. It will also assist those being regulated to understand the powers of enforcement officers.
Click here to view the timetable
Price includes all refreshments, lunch, course handout notes and presentation certificate.
Each Delegate will receive a Continued Development Certificate (CPD) for 6 hours
Bespoke courses available. Contact Jane Mardell at the APEA office, details below.
Jane Mardell, APEA Business Manager
Tel: 0845 603 5507