3 Day Petrol Filling Stations – Combined Construction, Audit and Inspection Course
|Location||Venue TBC, Solihull Nr Birmingham|
|Date||Monday, June 21, 2021|
Monday, June 21, 2021 at 9:00am
Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 4:30pm
|Delegate Available Places||10|
This course has been designed as a refresher course for those returning to Petroleum Inspection or for those seeking a “Fast Track” initial basic training as a petroleum inspector. The course covers the fundamental sections of the “Blue Book” as well as the principles of Audit and Inspection of a petrol filling station. This course also includes an update on Petroleum Legislation that contains details on the new UK Petroleum (Consolidation) Regulations 2014.
Who Should Attend
- Petroleum Officers
- Environmental Health Officers
- Environmental Agency Officers
- Trading Standards Officers
- Fire Authorities
- Project Managers
- Health & Safety Managers/Advisors
- Company Auditors
- Properties and Hazards of Petrol
- Site Planning Considerations
- Hazardous Area Classifications on Forecourts and Equipment Selection
- Underground Tanks- Problems and Solution, Tank Types and Tank Accessories
- Containment Systems – Pipes
- Drainage Systems
- Dispensers – Selection and Choosing Pumping Systems
- Vapour Recovery
- Leak Detection
- Canopies and Buildings
- Inspection and Checking of Electrical Equipment
- Maintenance Testing, Repairs and Modification
- Decommissioning of the Service Station
- Why do we Inspect? Accidents, Fires, Leaks and Explosions
- Risk Assessment and Desk Top Exercise
- Visit to a Petrol Filling Station – Simulated Audit and Inspection
- Discussion and Enforcement Options
- Dealing with Plan Submissions
- Report Writing and Legal Notices
- This course attracts 18 hours continued professional development and applies a practical approach to enforcement supported by numerous hand out material.
Dinner, bed and breakfast is included on the first night and second night of the course if you are booking with the accommodation included.
Click here to view the timetable Price includes all refreshments, lunch, course handout notes and presentation certificate. Each Delegate will receive a continued development certificate (CPD) for 18 hours. Bespoke courses available.
Contact Jane Mardell at the APEA office, details below.
APEA Business Manager
Tel: 0345 603 5507