Chief Petroleum Officer Dublin
- Post Graduate Higher Diploma in Fire Safety Practice (Level 9 Trinity College Dublin)
- Certificate in Health & Safety (Dublin City University)
- Fellow of the APEA
- Graduate Certificate Adult & Organisational learning (North Eastern University Boston)
- Training Committee Chairman of the Association for Petroleum and Explosives Administration
- Guest lecturer Dublin Institute of Technology – Dangerous Substances
- 1985 -2005 Operational Fire Officer Dublin Fire Brigade
- 2005 -2018 Chief Petroleum Officer Dublin Fire Brigade for four Local Authorities
Dublin Fire Brigade
I have worked as an operational Fire Officer and Paramedic with Dublin Fire Brigade for twenty years with responsibilities including administration of fire safety. I have instructed over several years both locally and nationally in the fire service training college, delivering training on fire safety and dealing with hazardous materials to various organisations and I was involved in constructing presentations and protocols to meet the requirements of new technologies and advances in fire safety.
I have been the chief petroleum officer in the city of Dublin since 2005 with over 200 petrol filling stations in my functional area.
I am an expert committee member of European Standards committee (CEN TC 393) dealing with equipment for service stations, which has produced European standards relating to filling stations.
I am a member of the NSAI European standards committee for Storage of L.P.G. (CEN TC326) and a member of the NIECE European Committee for Petroleum VOC Emissions
I am on the technical committee of the APEA and a contributor to the publication of the Associations “Guidance on Design Construction Modification, Maintenance and Decommissioning of Filling Stations” known as the Blue Book.
I currently provide training in the field of construction and inspection of petrol filling stations and as part of my normal work undertake safety and environmental audits of fuel storage installations and investigation of leaks, fires and explosions.
I was part of the working group that has developed the published guidance on developing petrol filling stations beneath residential accommodation.