Petrol Filling Stations; Leak Investigation
This Course is offered as a bespoke course for those organisations and authorities who need internal staff trained to conduct a Leak Investigation.
It is designed for those who wish to understand and plan to be prepared for incidents such as petrol leaks, fires and explosions and to provide a greater understanding of the issues which can involve both regulators and operators. It enables those attending the course to appreciate the fire, explosion and environmental damage that can affect the licensed site and surrounding area.
Who should attend
- Petroleum Officers
- Environmental Health Officers
- Environmental Agency Officers
- Trading Standards Officers
- Fire Authorities
- Health & Safety Managers/Advisors
- Company Auditors
- Why we should Inspect Petrol Filling Stations?
- Legal Overview (PCA, DSEAR, HASAW, UK Pollution Laws)
- What is Leak Investigation – Type of Incidents
- Action Points and Techniques for each Incident Type
- Recording, Site Closure, Using other Bodies and Organisations
- 4 x Case Studies;
- APEX Corner, London,
- Bontddu Gwynedd, Wales,
- Guilford Street, Luton
- Wet Stock Records, Using Electronic Data, Warrants and Sampling, Fuel Testing
- Sonar and Radar Plume Surveys,
- GIS Systems, “My Back Yard” database
- Some Tools of the Trade & Leak Detection Equipment
- Desk Top Exercise “Find That Leak”
- Enforcement Options
This course attracts 6 hours Continued Professional Development and applies a practical approach to enforcement supported by numerous Hand Out material.
Please click here to view the timetable
Price on Application
Discounts are available if the client can provide a venue, lunch and refreshments.
Price quoted will include course hand-out material and presentation certificates.
Please contact Jane Mardell, APEA Business Manager/Training Co-ordinator
at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quotation.
Please advise how many delegates to attend the course and any preferred dates.