APEAAssociation for Petroleum and Explosives Administration
Minutes of the Northern Branch Annual General Meeting on 26th February 2014
Meeting Held at West Denton Fire Station
Louise Morgan APEA National Chair
Chris Matthews - Branch Chair, Durham County Council
Mike Silmon - Branch Secretary, WO Silmon Ltd
Richie Rickaby - Branch Treasurer, Tyne & Wear FRS
Brian Strong Committee member, BJ Strong Tank Engineer
Ian Pringle- Committee member, Durham County Council
Graham Blount Committee member, Durham County Council
Scott Rudick, Northumberland FRS
John Wright, Northumberland FRS
Bev Walker, Tyne & Wear FRS
Sean Smith, Tyne & Wear FRS
Chloe Johnston, Tyne & Wear FRS
Jackie Scott, Tyne & Wear FRS
David Truby, Forecourt Solution Providers
Mark Silmon, WO Silmon Ltd
Jim Tann, Middlesborough Council
Tony Green. Middlesborough Council
Carl Walker Forecourt Assist NE
Stuart Adamson Geberet
Chairs Opening Remarks
Chris welcomed members, guests and the APEA National Chair Louise Morgan
The minutes of the last AGM were made available to the branch
There were no matters arising from the minutes from the last AGM
Richie Rickaby gave the annual report which was accepted by the branch
Election of Branch Officials.
Chris asked for nominations for Chair. It was proposed re election of the chair. There being no further nominations Chris Matthews was re elected.
The Chair asked for nominations for Secretary and nominated Mike Silmon. There being no further nominations Mike Silmon was re elected.
The Chair asked for nominations for Treasurer and nominated Richie Rickaby who had returned from temporary transfer and other fire service duties to resume as petroleum officer for Tyne & wear FRS mike Silmon proposed re-election; there being no further nominations Richie was re-elected.
The chair asked for nominations for the four members of the general committee. Brian Strong, Sean Smith, Graham Blount and Ian Pringle were re-elected. There being no further AGM business the AGM was closed and the branch meeting opened.
1. The Branch Meeting commenced with an interesting presentation from Graham Blount (Trading Standards) who outlined the role of trading standards metering on the forecourt.
2. Our second speaker was Carl Walker from Forecourt Assist who gave an eye opening presentation of the dangers of some rogue remedial operators following Mis-Fueling on petrol filling stations. A discussion followed which resulted in P O’s being advised that if they come across this type of operation on a forecourt that the operator of the filling station is responsible under DSEAR for any work that takes place on the forecourt and that if DSEAR is not being complied with, that appropriate action should be taken.
3. Our third speaker was from a pipe company called ‘GERBERET who demonstrated the steel pipework produced by his company; all agreed that this type of pipework was extremely impressive, Mark Silmon confirmed that WO Silmon Ltd had used this type of pipework on fuel systems at a nearby Motor Manufacturer and was extremely satisfied with the product. It remains to be seen if this type of pipework will be used in general PFS construction.
4. The Branch Chair Requested that the Member from Northumberland FRS explore the possibility of holding the next meeting at Northumberland FRS HQ (This booking is now confirmed for the 25th September 2014) The start time will be earlier as there will be a lot to discuss, (The New Petrol Regulations) amongst the normal APEA agenda.
5. The chair thanked the speakers and wished Louise Morgan a safe journey to her next appointment.
PO Box 106, Saffron Walden, CB11 3XT, Essex, United Kingdom
Telephone: 0345 603 5507 | Fax: 0345 603 5507 | email: email@example.com